Saturday, April 10, 2010

more sewing.

The next step in making the baby bibs was to finished appliqueing the animals onto the bibs. For the giraffe, I only used the running stitch, but for the turtle and elephant, I used both the running stitch and the blanket stitch.

The blanket stitch is a little more involved.

Once you figure out the motions of how you make the stitches, it's pretty easy to repeat them around the animals; however, it's sort of hard to stop halfway through and then pick up the project later to finish the stitching. One day, my stitches were small and close together. I put the bib down and finished it on another day, and the stitches were bigger. It's not that big of a deal because I like that the bibs look homemade, but I'll need to consider the consistency of the stitches in my future projects.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including the diagram, Anna; it suggests that you're aware of your larger (possibly inexperienced)audience, and so it's a useful touch. These bibs look great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete