Sunday, February 14, 2010

patterns.

This week, I tried to find animal patterns for the bibs. I've been looking at Web sites and coloring books to find them but haven't figured out which ones I want to use yet.

While looking over my class notes, I realized that my craft process is similar to the arts and crafts movement of the late 1800s to early 1900s. It's interesting to think that in the early 2000s, with as much technology as we have, I'm working on a project that evokes historical periods from more than 100 years ago. In Britain, the separation of workers from the products they made became became a problem. There's a sense of pride in creating something from start to finish then being able to see it in use.

Over the next few days, I'm going to decide what patterns to use, scale them to the proper size and prep my fabric so I can start cutting pieces out.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you were able to find a connection between what your project is and the events that were discussed during class lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Ya that's a good idea & a way to expand the style of earrings I can make. As for your project, hand made bibs would be really cute. While considering animal patterns, I think a giraffe print could be interesting. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete