Thursday, January 28, 2010

finding inspiration.

I'm going out of town really early tomorrow morning and won't be back until late Monday, so I've only had a few days to find some inspiration for my project. Earlier tonight, I decided to make something for my sister's baby, which is due in June.

I searched for "felt appliques" on the following Web sites to see what I should make.

www.etsy.com
www.decafplush.com
www.sewmamasew.com
craftydaisies.com

Now, I can't make up my mind. Bibs, a wall hanging, a pillow, a blanket, plush animals?

Since it's for a baby, buttons are out, and whatever I make has to be machine washable. It also has to be really, really soft and cozy.

I'm definitely going to put an animal on whatever I make, but now I have to pick which one, and which fabrics to use...

I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to decide.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of making something as a gift. I'm sure no matter what you decide to make, it will make a great baby shower gift because there's so much love and personal touch incorporated in it instead of merely purchasing it from Babies R Us. I also agree that it should have an animal on it. Cute furry baby animals always go well on things for kids =). Good luck deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you come across these sites, Anna? Do you prefer one over another, and why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled appliques and went from there. I like etsy for my personal shopping, but I probably won't use it too much for my project. Sewmamasew is a good resource for starting to pick out fabrics instead of spending hours in the fabric store. I'm going to look at it tomorrow for awhile to try to get some ideas of what patters I'd like to use. Crafty Daisies isn't just focused on appliques, so I feel like I'll recommend it to friends for various projects. I like Decaf Plus the best for this project because it's very centered on children's products.

    ReplyDelete